Season Finales and Election Finales

When ABC killed Robert McAllister last night it was shocking to say the least. I only read later that Rob Lowe was not planning on coming back to Brothers and Sisters. But who else wants to leave the alphabet network's shows? Still holding out hope for Chief Webber this Thursday.

Sadly, I am more interested in North American television than I am in local election coverage. With the exception of Keith Rowley's meeting in Diego Martin West the other day, I have not paid attention to the rallies or picong coming out of the elections. Last night, while channel jumping during commercials, I stumbled upon the interviews with Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Patrick Manning on separate networks. To say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. The selection of journalists on the latter was both obvious and mind boggling as one gentleman seemed almost nervous and scared. On the other hand, the woman running for PM seemed unprepared where her adversary seemed mightily and  way too relaxed. Needless to say, I went back to ABC and the season finales.

And come election night, one of my favourite shows goes off air forever, so I will most likely be locked on NBC for the series finale of Law and Order. Does it mean I am not invested in what the future holds for my country? Of course I am. But so far I have not been impressed by what the political merchandisers have been selling and have not yet been convinced to buy. Nothing much has changed from the last elections to now, and though I do have opinions and thoughts, you will not see me expressing them via tweets or status updates, nor will I change my profile photo to a political symbol. I will probably vote and exercise my right to choose and I will  wait eagerly to see how the electorate has responded to what has been an exceptionally poor showing by our leaders. I will do so quietly and in my own way.

But thank God for cable. Thank God for tv dramas and season finales. Expressive I am, and will be.

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more. Fortunately, I knew that those interviews were coming so I was able to avoid them. As I have said before, you aren't going to get useful information in an election campaign. If you want to know the policies and ideals of a party, see how they act and what they do between elections, when in Government or in opposition.

    I used to like the Bas, he had the greatest one liners and sound bites, I think only Volney, who has been hidden from the platform can even come close.

    I am really not following the campaign this year, much like 2007, and 2002, and 2001 and 2000... you get the picture.

    Having said that, I think that I am well informed about the issues, and I am ready to make a reasoned decision on the 24th.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, but not your rubbish or it will get trashed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger
 
Life in Heels and Flip Flops © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects