Ghost of Christmas Past


The creche at Southwark Cathedral
Christmas has come and gone. Something else which was almost gone, has come back. My cold, which was in remission, seems to be back with a vengeance this morning. I mostly sat indoors the past week, with the electric heater whirring so going out yesterday into sub-zero temperatures, and then sitting in Southwark Cathedral for 90 mins and more - a church that was deathly cold - well, I did not sleep very well at all last night. I had the shakes, a fever and my sinuses were out of control. It was horrible. I took a couple cold pills - in the drowsy formula - so you can imagine how I felt when I finally opened my eyes at 11am. Like someone rolled me down a hill and then stomped on me. Good times!

The day itself was alright. The choral service at Southwark was just lovely, albeit freezing. I was bundled up in my jacket, scarf, hat etc, but the message was timely.

Spent the rest of the day with my cousin's family. I don't want to comment too much on it but needless to say I missed my family back home. I managed to have a brief, halting video call with them all as they sat at my brother's house for Christmas dinner - my mum, my brother, my aunt and cousins. A rollickin' happy bunch. So different to the vibe at lunch here. The kids had a bumper Christmas though - so many gifts. When I was a kid, I was happy to get one present from my parents. They had bags and bags of presents, including a ticket to go one of the X-Factor tour shows. Lucky buggers. I also called my dad who was not feeling well and thus stayed behind - with the ham. lol. I know my dad too well.

I had told my cousin I would cook today but he insisted on doing it. Dude really thinks he is the world's best chef. He cannot say I have not offered to help, but needless to say, nothing on the menu looks appealling and I will have to cook for myself. Trying to think of doing it in a way that is not offensive but I have not had a really good Christmas type meal yet,  and after all my shopping on Christmas Eve, that meal will indeed happen!! Today!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I may check out the sales online in a minute, after morning coffee. I should also check out my textbooks. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Naughty naughty...get those text books out young lady and stay away from the sale sites (I went onto the HMV one at nine this morning and it was jammed with people on it - how mad!)
    Sorry to hear about the sinus problems and cold...all churches are freezing..it's a well known fact that they like to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible so you don't hang around too long lol. As for presents...don't get me started...kids today they have far too much blah blah blah...actually you should hear Hubby rant about it...it'd send you sleep or maybe off to your laptop to get some studying/work done. Hope you have a good day today. we're off for a snowy walk in minus 4 again (dropped to minus 12 last night)then I think I might go and look for the hoover...it's been a while since I last saw it :)At least it's pretty here.
    Fond wishes and keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fond wishes back at ya, Carol. I will let you know how the battle of the books went today. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Boxing Day!

    I hope you get to feeling better and that you get to enjoy a proper Christmas meal.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, but not your rubbish or it will get trashed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger
 
Life in Heels and Flip Flops © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects