L - Last One

My current reading material has
nothing to do with academia
It's my 200th entry! Cheers!

I woke up this morning, knowing no matter what, it was going to be an awesome day. Why, you ask? Today I submitted my final assignment with the exception of my Master's dissertation. After 6-7 months of sitting on a bed, in various stages of cold weather dress - socks, layers, sweat pants - with the night light blazing, laptop heat searing into the thick blanket I used to cover my legs to protect them from the laptop burn, heater blasting. Through snow, rain, cold winds, fox cries, hunger, cravings, coughs, colds, tears, headaches, frustration, tedium, mania, homesickness, creativity, stasis - through it all, I managed to not go crazy, but also got great grades and had some really great moments.

And today I kissed the cover page for my assignment in great joy. Needless to say, the dissertation is a whole other nightmare, but I don't have to worry about that for a few weeks, during which I will be sightseeing in Wales and soaking up the rays back home in Trinidad and Tobago. I won't have to, and this is for you, Kai (lol), Britishify my words, but can ask for a roti, curried channa and aloo and chicken, with maybe some pumpkin chokha and a Shandy. I walked to campus with my massive Sainsbury's bag filled with all the books that had set up camp on my bed and I brought them back home - their home. The library. My bed is a book-free zone, friends! Except for the Michael Connelly book I am reading at the moment.

Yep. Life is pretty damn nice today and tomorrow, you have to visit so I can tell you about the excitement earlier this week. Can't get into that today, but feel free to take some guesses. For the ones who know, don't guess - don't spoil the fun!

Hoping the sun comes out at some point today, but if not, believe me when I say there is sunshine in my world at the moment. Wear your sunscreen, peeps! I am bright and I am hot stuff! Dunno, but Arrow came to mind today - an oldie, but a goodie.


3 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing your assignment! Hope your dissertation goes well. I'm a new visitor so don't know what your excitement is but glad life is nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cheerful post it made me smile...good luck with your life :)

    L is for Lies: Flash Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! Congratulations on surviving!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, but not your rubbish or it will get trashed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger
 
Life in Heels and Flip Flops © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects