When 2012 was no more

It's the day before the start of a new year (except for places like Australia...so impatient those Aussies), and I guess many people are sitting around reflecting on the last 12 months. I could do one of those cliched year in review round-ups, but who has the time? lol.

Instead, I will just say, 2012 was a good year and as I get older I realise that any year that you get through in one piece is a damn good one. I know so many people who have encountered loss and sadness in 2012, and I am so grateful for the many mercies bestowed on me that I cannot sit here and gripe about a year that saw me in my cap and gown walking across the stage with the other postgrads, in a job when so many of my class were still job hunting, fat, when so many have no food - hey, gotta find the positives!!

So what about 2013? Well, the number 13 always strikes fear into the hearts of many, but you have to make your own luck and as I told a friend last week, you have to make your own way and your own happiness. So I am hoping to be happy...happier in 2013.

Maybe a couple more trips...



Maybe more reading, especially as my girlfriend will be hand delivering my birthday present this week. I finally got this, after much resistance, but the traditional way is taking up way too much space in my house!!!



Maybe more writing...



Definitely more sweating and less eating and drinking. I will not be buying new clothes (ha! good one!)



Hopefully more single girl adventures...



It's really just about making the next 12 months better than the last, and to be happy, be a better person - a good daughter, sister, aunt, friend - and to keep it movin'...in the right direction.

Hope everyone has a great 2013 as well. I surely look forward to reading all about it.

4 comments:

  1. La Vegas baby!!! Lol. Cheers to you and yours chick. I hope 2013 brings joy and happiness to you!! Here's to many more adventures for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have some amazing goals in mind for the start of this new year. I actually just treated myself to some new workout clothes and it's helped so far. I signed up for a new gym (now just have to get my lazy a** there, LOL) and I'm feeling better/eating healthier.

    I believe 2013 will be a good year. #13 is lucky, right?? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. All four of the things you mentioned -- Co-Sign! I'm with you! Don't get down if you falter a little. There are 12 months in a year. Think it. Believe it. Your 2013 will be great.

    I'm thinking of taking a single girl trip this year, myself...I'll have to see. I'm yearning to go to so many places. I'm dying to move some of my "Wished for Destinations" on my Pinterest over to my "Memorable Destinations" boards. On my radar is Buenos Aires, and I'd love to go Asia (Hong Kong and Tokyo, mostly)...as well as (funny you should mention it in your post)...Sydney, Australia. Alas, this is still a recession and I need to be responsible. But, I can dream, right? But, I do believe Buenos Aires may just be able to happen later in 2013. The food. The tango. The South American eye candy (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, but not your rubbish or it will get trashed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger
 
Life in Heels and Flip Flops © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects